The effects of divorce can be negative and potentially long-term. Children must master an additional set of tasks, as well as those posed by normal childhood development.
TransPARENTINGtm educates parents and family members as to ways they can help their children adjust and handle these additional tasks. This four-hour seminar creates an opportunity for parents to shift their attention from the personal aspects of divorce to the needs of their children.Program Highlights
- One million parents have successfully completed the program over the last decade.
- TransPARENTINGtm is a national program operating in 39 states and 180 jurisdictions.
- The seminar has been profiled on 20/20, The Today Show, CNN, ABC, CBS News, and in The New York Times, Parade Magazine, and many other national and local media.
- The National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges awarded the originating program the "Unique and Innovative Projects Award."
- Ninety-six percent of family court judges surveyed state that the program "serves to lessen the negative effects of divorce on children." (Journal of Divorce and Remarriage, 1997).
- Eighty-five to ninety-five percent of all participants in exit surveys rated the program "very helpful" in assisting them in learning to work with their co-parent through the divorce process and minimize the negative influence parental separation has on their children.
- Emotional reactions to divorce.
- What to expect from family and friends.
- Positive and negative changes in your living situations.
- A parenting approach that will benefit your children.
- Guidelines for talking to your children about the divorce.
- Ways to help your children through their difficult emotions and the changes in their living situations.
- New family structures and the role of the stepparent.
- Lists of resources where you can seek additional information and support.
- The four-hour seminars are taught by trained counselors and social workers.
- Classes are a one-time 4 hour class. The cost is $50. .
- Class size is limited and you must register in advance.
- The only location that we offer this is class is at our main office in North Little Rock. The office is located at 628 W. Broadway Street, North Little Rock, AR 72114.
- Classes are normally offered the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month from 5:30pm to 9:30pm and also on the second Friday of each month from 9am to 1pm. Please call to verify class availability.
- If you have more questions please contact our clinical department (Monday through Friday) at 501-372-4242.